Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue
Posted April 21, 2022
Do you possess that "service gene"? Do you view every guest interaction as the opportunity to create the "wow experience"? We want you to join our team........
- Greet and open doors for guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- By hand or use of baggage carts, transfer luggage and packages to and from rooms, vehicles and/or loading areas.
- Issue claim checks when requested to store guest luggage/items. Return guest luggage/items upon receipt of claim checks.
- Answer guest inquiries about hotel services and in-house events, etc. Provide guests information about local features such as shopping, dining, nightlife, and recreational destinations.
- Maintain and clean the designated lobby station and baggage room; standing ready to assist guests. Clean and maintain baggage carts.
- Deliver messages and valet to guest rooms.
- Keep lobby doors and windows clean when not busy with guests.
- Post daily events on board in the lobby, as needed.
- Foster good relations with the car rental companies, taxi services, tour and travel companies, limo services, etc. to provide the maximum level of quality service.
- Report all tips in compliance with company policy and IRS regulations.
- Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Ensure maintenance problems are promptly reported through proper channels.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters of significance to manager so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Any other tasks/duties as requested by management.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience
- High school education
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred
- Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service.
- Knowledge of hotel and surrounding area
- Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters.
- Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment.
- Attention to details, good organizational skills and efficient time management.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort
Physical work is a primary part of job. Work is normally performed in both an interior hotel and exterior environment. Physical requirements include extended standing and walking, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling and lifting up to 100 lbs. While performing job duties, the associate is required to speak, listen and write. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses. This position may be required to operate a motor vehicle.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. This employer participates in E-Verify.
Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue
207 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Located across from the Bala Cynwyd Business District, Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue is within walking distance to shopping and dining. Discover nearby historical Philadelphia attractions just a few minutes’ drive of the hotel. Choose our hotel for comfortable guest rooms with in-room amenities, delicious hotel dining, and on-site amenities including an indoor pool.
- 207 spacious guest rooms with WiFi and views of the Philadelphia skyline
- Hilton hotel accommodations just 5 miles from downtown Philadelphia
- Across from Bala Cynwyd Business District
- 12 miles from Philadelphia International Airport
- Award-winning restaurant and lounge
- Over 35,000 sq. ft. of Philadelphia meeting and function space
4200 City Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19131
Telephone (215) 879-4000