Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue
Posted April 23, 2022
Do you have a background in Security? Do you have that "hospitality gene" that makes you STELLAR when dealing with guests? Do you like working with people to ensure a great hotel experience? We need to talk to you today
The Security Guard patrols the hotel and grounds. Responds to security and emergency situations in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards and federal, state and local regulations. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management. Operates to the highest standards of honesty and integrity in all aspects of the position.
- Conducts patrols of the property, including interior and exterior areas.
- Posts at Front Desk as required
- Ensures hotel property is secure and maintained safely
- Responds to security and emergency situations.
- Completes shift reports and reports incidents to management.
- Ensures guest and employee safety with vigilance and responsiveness.
- May work independently.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Ensure maintenance problems are promptly reported through proper channels.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures.
- Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters of significance to manager so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Any other tasks/duties as requested by management.
The Company may consider an equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience
- High school education
- One or more years of related experience
- Possesses and exhibits a high degree of honesty and integrity
- Alcohol awareness and first aid certification preferred
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to understand and comply with safety and security policies, procedures and regulations.
- Ability to understand and obtain first aid certification.
- Ability to remain calm, take proper steps, and direct others in an emergency
- Ability to ensure the release of any Company, hotel, brand, and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations.
- Ability to compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues, and resolve basic matters in a timely manner.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures
- Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment.
- Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
- Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
- Attention to detail, good organizational skills and efficient time management.
Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue
207 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Located across from the Bala Cynwyd Business District, Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue is within walking distance to shopping and dining. Discover nearby historical Philadelphia attractions just a few minutes’ drive of the hotel. Choose our hotel for comfortable guest rooms with in-room amenities, delicious hotel dining, and on-site amenities including an indoor pool.
- 207 spacious guest rooms with WiFi and views of the Philadelphia skyline
- Hilton hotel accommodations just 5 miles from downtown Philadelphia
- Across from Bala Cynwyd Business District
- 12 miles from Philadelphia International Airport
- Award-winning restaurant and lounge
- Over 35,000 sq. ft. of Philadelphia meeting and function space
4200 City Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19131
Telephone (215) 879-4000