Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Convention Center
Posted April 28, 2022
The Sales Manager is responsible for representing the company to customers, the public, government, other external sources; responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in their assigned market and TRULY LISTENS to the customer needs!
They will analyze the clients' needs and information and create tailored proposals to those needs and expectations. Negotiate and close sales while meeting/exceeding sales targets. Impress customers with tailored proposals, quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner. Work with management throughout the hotel and the Company. Salary for this position is $60,000 - $70,000 annual (based on experience).
- Representative of the Company: As the representative of the Company and hotel, professionally approach and communicate with current and prospective customers. Knowledgeable on market, positioning of hotel, amenities and brand. Understand booking patterns, trends, high-demand times, and events in the market. Convey a strong belief in the hotel and confidently discuss hotel features, services and advantages.
- Research, Identification & Sales Development: Research and understand demand generators, new business sources, the internet as a prospecting tool, community involvement and networking. Research competing hotels and identify sales strategies. Understand and use industry reports like Star Reports, etc.
- Develop effective sales strategies to counter the competition. Develop valuable business relationships that result in additional sales and new customers.
- Research each customer’s business, hospitality needs, identify who to talk to and how to get sales closed. Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts. Research and identify new business opportunities for the hotel including reaching out to event planners and staying abreast of local events. Represent the Company at trade association meetings to promote hotel.
- Proactive and Creative Sales: Exercise creativity, discretion and independent judgment in determining how to assemble an event to suit each customer's taste. Give full attention to what customers are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate. Conduct site visits and prepare original, creative proposals tailored to address the needs of and to impress the customer. Develop solutions to any cost concerns and resolve any challenges or problems. Aggressively pursue all appropriate opportunities for customer solicitation and relationship building. Aggressively engage in creative networking, uncovering and cold calling prospective clients to generate activity for future business.
- Negotiate and Close Sales: Influence and convince customers to select the hotel for their hospitality needs. Negotiate terms and reconcile differences. Develop contingency plans and act promptly and effectively when closing problems arise. Recognize customers for loyalty and/or accept feedback. Identify and secure business to fit the yield strategy. Directly responsible for achieving production numbers established by booking goals and outside sales activities. Communicate sales activities with peers and superiors.
- Account Management: Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with customers and others in the course of their event planning.
- Administration: Responsible for compilation of required sales reports and reporting process. Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all sales and transactions.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience
- Four-year college degree in hospitality management, marketing, business or related degree or equivalent experience.
- two or more years of hotel sales related experience.
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Possess knowledge of hospitality, business and basic accounting principles and practices. Effective listening, verbal, written, negotiation and closing skills. Ability to assess customer needs, understand market dynamics and prepare presentations/proposals tailored for individual customers. Ability to meet/exceed expectations for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes. Ability to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Strong professionalism, diplomacy, selling skills and work habits. Ability to remain positive, resourceful and improvise while working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure. Organizational skills that result in accurate, timely and thorough work. Ability to compile facts and figures, analyze information and arrive at logical conclusions and sound business decisions.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort
Work is normally performed in an interior hotel environment. While performing job duties, the associate speaks, listens, completes documents, processes requests and operates office equipment such as a telephone, calculator, computer, copier and fax. Physical requirements include extended periods of standing and/or walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 pounds. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses. This position may be required to operate a motor vehicle.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. This employer participates in E-Verify.
Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Convention Center
248 Room Extended Stay
At A Glance
Located just yards from the Philadelphia Convention Center, this hotel is a smart choice if you are here on business, or just to explore everything that the city has to offer. With some of Philadelphia's biggest corporate headquarters in walking distance, and Metro and mainline train stations within a couple of blocks, getting around is easy. Be sure to take some time out after a busy day to indulge in the great local shopping and dining. Experience some of the culture which the City of Brotherly Love is famous for with a visit to historic City Hall and the iconic Liberty Bell.
Settle in to your great value and spacious studio or one-bedroom suite at this Philadelphia Convention Center hotel. Movable furniture, plenty of storage, a living area with a comfy sofa bed and a fully equipped kitchen means you can live the way you want to. Stay connected with complimentary WiFi as you kick back and catch a favorite program on the 42-inch flat-screen TV. Start the day with a complimentary Inspired Table™ breakfast and unwind in the evening with a swim in the saline pool. The Spin2Cycle concept fitness and laundry area lets you work out while your clothes are cleaning.
1200 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Telephone (215) 627-1850