Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel
King of Prussia, PA
Posted May 12, 2022
What an opportunity to shine!! Sheraton Valley Forge seeks a Director of Housekeeping for this award-winning hotel!
Director of Housekeeping
The Director of Housekeeping reports to the General Manager and is responsible for the planning, organization, development and direction for the overall operation of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with hotel and brand guidelines, and as directed by the General Manager, to assure that the highest degree of sanitation and cleanliness is maintained at all times.
- Directs Housekeeping staff in the fulfillment of project assignments within budget, with quality, and on schedule.
- Supervises staff, which involves direct and indirect responsibilities for interviewing, selection, training, motivating, wage and salary administration, performance appraisal, developing policies and developing procedures to ensure achievement of goals.
- Evaluates safe work practices in job performance reviews.
- Maintains the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc. and the appearance of Housekeeping areas, and performs regular inspections of public areas and rooms for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Performs regular inspections of rooms and common areas for sanitation, order, safety, and comfortable environment.
- Assures that Housekeeping staff follows established safety regulations in the use of equipment and supplies at all times.
- Inspects storage rooms, utility and janitorial closet, etc., for upkeep and supply control.
- Requisitions all Housekeeping supplies and equipment and maintains adequate inventory levels to provide a clean, safe and comfortable environment.
- Develops and maintains written policy and procedures for housekeeping and laundry services and activities with other related departments.
- Communicates with supervisors/managers to adequately plan for Housekeeping services and activities.
- Coordinates Housekeeping/Laundry services and activities with other related departments.
- Processes payables efficiently, according to policies and procedures.
- Prepares and plans the Housekeeping Department’s budget and submits to the General Manager for review and approval.
- Seeks out novel methods and principles, and incorporates them into existing Housekeeping practices.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Ensures maintenance problems are promptly reported through proper channels.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures.
- Writes shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned.
- Attends department and staff meetings as scheduled.
- Responds to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Reports any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters of significance to manager so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Any other tasks/duties as requested by management.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Minimum seven years related housekeeping experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices required.
Skills and Abilities
- Leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and to supervise professional and non-professional personnel.
- Good human relation skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively deal with people at different organizational levels both inside and outside the company.
- Well-developed problem solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives.
- Ability to seek out new methods and principles and willingness to incorporate them into existing housekeeping practices.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Good computer skills and the ability to learn new software programs.
- Attention to details, good organizational skills, and efficient time management.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel
180 Room Hotel
Travel confidently to Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel and know you'll have all the resources you need for a refreshing, productive stay. Enjoy our hotel's spacious accommodations and top amenities, including a signature Sheraton Fitness Center, a swimming pool and whirlpool and a complimentary shuttle to local points of interest. Don't miss having a meal at Ralph's of South Philly, the contemporary sister restaurant to the iconic Ralph's, the country's oldest Italian restaurant, or unwinding in front of our courtyard fire pit.
480 North Gulph Road
King of Prussia, PA 19406
Telephone (484) 238-1800